Tuesday, December 06, 2005

USDJPY trade was good!

It looks like the trade mad a good 30 pips. Couple of thoughts on it though. My confidence was shaky on that trade, and the reason for that is because when i entered the usdjpy hadn't touched the 50 sma yet. If I had waited, that would have reduced my potential loss and increased my profit target. Ofcourse, the trade off is potentially missing the move. All in all, it worked out well. If you watch the USDCAD or AUDUSD, their central banks are making rate decisions today. Canada will announce at approximately 9:00 am EST, and the consenses is that they will raise rates to 3.25% from 3.00%. The Aussies will announce their desicion about about 5:30 pm EST, and consenses will be no change. It would be a great lesson to watch and see how those decisions affect their currency, especially if there is a surprise. I'm looking at a short position on USDCAD at the moment. I am going short at 1.1530 with a 1.1565 as my stop and 1.1510 as my profit target. It's a 20/35 risk to reward ratio, but it looks like a high probability profit trade.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home