Thursday, February 09, 2006

Hello hello...sorry I haven't been updating my forex blog. I have been trading, but I've been working on other things and other traders, and I haven't had a free second to write down an entry or two....

I have a comment asking me to describe my method. Really, there's nothing much to it. I basically trade off support and resistance. It seems in forex, the markets react well to moving averages, fibonacci lines, pivot points. I also take into account news and economic reports coming out. I know that's not really much of an explination, but after watching the markets for so many years I guess I have gained experienced on how these reactions take place.

A tip to use with these tools, especially fibonacci retracements, is that the trend is your friend. Not saying that it is impossible to trade profitably against the trend, but your probability of a successful trade is much higher.

Right now the markets are pretty choppy to do short term trades. In the longer view, it seems that the US dollar is making a run, so working on 4 hour and daily charts may be the way to go now. Check out the AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, and USDJPY. They're all trending, but it's a slight trend. I think the dollar's strength is going to continue with the next few interest rate hikes, but with the removal of "a measure paced" in the last FOMC statement, who knows.

Well, hopefully i'll be able to post up a trade idea tonight.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home