Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I am back... hopefully!

It's pretty funny. I was just reading my last post and I happened to see how I was getting "unlazy" and start ripping this blog up. Haha. This post was back in Sept. '06. Well, I am back, but with a different purpose for this blog. I've been trading for quite a while now, with some success, but I know I can do a lot better. It's not my strategies or my commitment. It's my psychology. I haven't yet defined who I am and how I view the market. I haven't yet defined my trading goals and how to break it down to smaller objectives to achieve that main goal. Well, I'm going to start doing that in this blog. I'm going to work on my trading psychology ( and maybe put a few trades up as well.)

So, what is my goal as a trader??? Absolute returns of course!! A million bazillion dollars!! Hehe. Financial freedom would be nice, and working for myself has been awesome but I think there's another reason. I think God gave me the passion to play this game. A gift to make money out of thin air. A gift I haven't really tapped in to. So, to pay back this gift given to me, I want to enrich the lives of others financially, and to give to those who don't have the opportunity to invest or those who can't help themselves. I'd like to create a charitable trust fund where all the profits go to good causes like fighting illness and disease, the poor, whether it's here in the US across the globe.

I think Winston Churchill said, "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." I want to be more of a giver. Honestly, I'm not much of one now, and that's one of the things I have to work on myself.

Anyways, to achieve my goal of absolute returns for my funds is a tough one. I was just reading Trader Monthly where the top money manager made over 300% last year. This guy manages over $2 Billion. For those of you that don't know, that is completely insane. Moving that much money is difficult. Actually, for most managers running money that size, 20% return puts you in superstar status. Anyways, I can go on that forever. Back to my goals.

I have 3 main trading strategies: a basket of currencies, discretionary forex trading, and options trading.

For my currency basket, my goal is a 100% return. This is very doable.

For my discretionary forex trading, I want to have a 20% return. I think this is doable as well, but I am incorporating a new daytrading strategy. We'll see how that goes.

And for my options account, my goal is a 30% return.

So, from this day I will review my accounts every quarter, starting with the end of Q2.

So, that's my yearly goals. In my next post I will write down a few of my beliefs in the market and break down my yearly goals into quarterly goals.


1 Comments:

Blogger s said...

The Forex markets are not random. They move for many reasons like: trade flows, reaction to new news, big money adjusting large positions, central bank diversification, etc.


Forex trading robot reviewed

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home