Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Options Update - 02/21/2006

My Feb options positions all expired with profit.

XEO 100 FEB position expired with a $90 profit per contract.
SPX 100 FEB position expired with at $100 profit per contract.
RUT 100 FEB position expired. I closed out a portion of that position, so my total profit for it was $185 per contract. Not a bad month I should say.

For the March expiration cycle I pretty much entered the same positions, but with a closer trading range. It seems like the indicies are having a tough time breaking to the upside. Also, I have entered into a couple of butterflies on the XSP. A put butterfly at 126/127/128 for a debit of $10 per contract and a call butterfly at 129/130/131 for a debit of $10 per contract. It's a low probability trade, but if either hit maximum profit that means a 900% gain on my investment. I just thought I'd start to incorporate a new strategy.

As far as my forex trading goes...I'm still developing my strategies. With forex I think I need to focus on shorter time frame and adjusting my entry rules. It's working out pretty well so far. I will have a new trade up later this week.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home